Wednesday, June 22, 2011

the trip is on!

let the celebration (and planning) commence! this is the best motorcycle related news i have had to report since starting this blog, and i am very, very excited.

the whole purpose of this blog is documenting my quest to ride a motorcycle around the world, as well as my general 2-wheeled-ness on an everyday basis. those who have been following have heard me talk of a trip that has been put off several times, with altered plans and whatnot. well not anymore!

this september, for at least the whole month (or as long as it takes), vixen and i will be riding across (and possibly completely around) the USA. woot!

the details have not been entirely worked out, but i will be departing from either here in seattle or san francisco, depending on a few different factors. i will be leaving out of san francisco on september 5th for the big ride, and returning to seattle whenever i get back.

as i said, the details are still developing, but the major ports of call will be LA, phoenix, orlando, greenville NC, with possible stops in DC, ann arbor and chicago, depending on time. and how sore my butt is.

in the meantime, there is much to do. i will be doing much studying of maps, contacting of friends for couches to crash on (if you're on my route, expect to hear from me), and purchasing new gear!

this blog will be my primary documentation for everything trip-related, and so my posts will be much more consistent (and interesting), so stay tuned!

scott: coming soon to a city near you!

rftc,

scott

No comments:

Post a Comment